Friday, December 14, 2012

Monster Cookies

I altered this recipe to make it a bit smaller and altered the candy in it to use what I had on hand. To give a little more crunch use raw sugar instead of white.

So this is a recipe from back in St. Louis and this one along with any other cookie I made growing up always turns out flat when I make them here in Utah! So frustrating! I always end up adding more flour after I take out the first batch of flat cookies. :( It's pretty amazing how much altitude can make a difference.


INGREDIENTS
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Quaker oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup heath bar chips
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
1/4 cup raisins

DIRECTIONS
Mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add oats, flour, salt and soda and mix again. Fold in the candy and scoop onto a cookie sheet. Bake @ 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment