Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Words cannot express how divine these cupcakes are.  It is hard to keep myself from eating them all in once sitting!  The pictured cupcakes just have the peanut butter frosting but they are also good with chocolate or both!

Cupcake

2 c. flour (unsifted)
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. soda
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.  Put cupcake liners in muffin tin.  Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix. Last, pour 1 cup boiling water over batter and beat. Will be runny. Fill liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). For a cake, bake at 375 in 9x13 pan for 30 minutes. 



Peanut Butter Frosting

1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup heavy cream


Mix butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt with hand mixer.  Slowly add sugar while mixing.  Add cream and mix until smooth.

Chocolate Frosting

1/2 c. butter (softened)
2/3 c. cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
3 c. powdered sugar
1/3 c. milk


Mix butter, vanilla, and cocoa with hand mixer.  Slowly add sugar while mixing.  Add milk and mix until smooth.
Melanie

6 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm glad I could assist in your cupcake disaster. The other ones look delicious! I just made some last week with just chocolate frosting, not as fancy as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have long waited for you to start revealing your amazing baking secrets. I hope you keep this blog up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great Melanie! Cupcakes seem to be the trend right now. We got a fun cookbook at the library with some great ideas! :)

    Thanks for your note! It seems that people think thank you notes are "old-fashioned" . . . I rarely receive them anymore and it makes me a bit sad. I guess I think hand written thank yous should never go out of style! So thank you Melanie - your mom taught you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judi, You are welcome! That is a good idea to check out cookbooks from the library! I think I'll start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those look amazing! Nick is one lucky guy...I'm sure he's the taster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace and I finally made these today. They were are huge hit with our family and our friends we had over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete