Sunday, February 20, 2011

Caramelized French Toast

I got this recipe from my mother in law. It is French toast with the syrup already built in! I thought that it would be too mushy since you let the bread soak overnight but it was perfect!



½ cup butter (melted)
1 cup brown sugar
2Tbsp. Karo Syrup and then spread in a greased cookie sheet.
Spray a bun pan with Pam. Mix melted butter, sugar, and syrup together and poor in the bottom of the pan. Place 12 pieces of Texas Toast Bread (or French bread, sliced) over the mixture.
Mix:
5 eggs
1 ½ cups Half and Half
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Spoon over toast. Refrigerate overnight. Bake 350 for 30 minutes.

Melanie

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the breakfast recipes! yummm... I am so glad I found out about your blog today. I am definitely going to try some of this goodness! tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete