Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Macaroni Grill Pasta Milano

This pasta dish is one of my favorite meals! It's fast, easy, and tastes like a pasta dish you'd order at a restaurant. I love, love, love it!



1-2 Tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
4-5 chicken tenders, diced
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh basil
1 box bowtie pasta
Parmigiano reggiano

1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat; heat oil. Add chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper; cook until lightly golden and juices run clear, about 6-8 minutes. Take chicken off heat and set aside.

2. In the same skillet, melt butter over low heat with 1/4 cup of the chicken broth, scraping the pan to deglaze it. Add garlic and cook briefly. Add the tomatoes and the remaining chicken borth, increase heat to a boil. When you reach a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes leaving uncovered.

3. Add the cream and bring up to a boil, stirring continously. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, add mushrooms and cooked chicken; continue to stir until sauce has thickened, about 5-8 minutes.

4. Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and pour pasta into the pan with the sauce. This way I can gauge exactly how much pasta to add so that I don't have too much pasta for the amount of sauce. (I usually cook about 3/4 of a 1 pound box of pasta.)

5. Put pasta in bowl and garnish with parmesano reggiano.

FYI- Like most cream sauces, this dish does not keep well if you mix the sauce and pasta together. So, if I want to have leftovers, I double the sauce and just mix half the sauce with pasta.

1 comment:

  1. So I saw this recipe on the blogs I follow and then I took a closer look and I was like wait... that is my blog! Thanks for adding Rachel! I'm excited to make it!

    ReplyDelete