Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Best Wheat Bread



Ingredients
2 T. active dry yeast
4 T. sugar
2 2/3 c. very warm water
2 tsp. salt
3 cups white flour
3 cups fresh ground white wheat flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine yeast, sugar, and warm water in mixing bowl. Let yeast rise for about 3-5 minutes. Add salt and flour. I use a Kitchenaid to mix/knead my dough. Knead for 5 minutes. dough should pull away from sides and form a ball around the dough hook. Allow to rest 10 minutes in bowl. Shape into two loaves and place in greased bread pans. Allow the dough to rise about 15 minutes more. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove promptly from oven.

*Once I remove the bread from the oven, I take the bread out of the pan. I usually rotate the bread lying on its side so that the bread cools on each side and doesn't sweat onto the bread board. I use glass bread pans so you may have to adjust for metal pans.

*Also, if you want delicious bread for french toast, you can add cinnamon chips to your dough after you have kneaded the dough. You can find cinnamon chips in the baking aisle of your grocery store by the chocolate chips. Not all stores carry the cinnamon chips, Hershey is the only brand I have seen that makes cinnamon chips.

*Also, you can use red wheat or really any combination of wheat and white flour. This combination is my favorite. Beware though, because even the half recipe will affect your bowels. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment