Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cream Puffs

Nick loves cream puffs and has been begging me to make them.  I was pretty hesitant because I'm not a big cream puff fan and I had never made them before.  They were good and Nick really liked them.  These have more of a custard/pudding filling than just cream so I'm going to try to find another recipe to try... but these are still pretty tasty!

I think I made the shells a too small so next time I'll go bigger.

INGREDIENTS
1 (3.5 ounce) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
1 c heavy cream
1/2 c milk
1/2 stick butter
1/2 c water
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 flour
2 eggs


DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl mix together pudding, cream, and milk.  Cover and refrigerate to thicken.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

In a medium pot bring water and butter to a rolling boil.  Stir in flour and salt and mix to form a ball.  Remove from heat and transfer the dough to medium mixing bowl.  Whisk in each egg one at a time until well combined.  Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet (about 12 but less if you make them bigger).

Bake for 15-20 mintues until golden brown.

After the shells have cooled fill them by cutting a slit or using a pastry bag and pipe.
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment