Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wheat Waffles

This a new waffle recipe I found and modified a bit. I don't really like to eat waffles with just syrup but I do love them the way my mom always made for us kids growing up....with strawberries and home made whipped cream. Yum! My this picture is of my waffle. My husband's would have so much whipped cream you wouldn't be able to see the berries!



Waffles:
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 c. milk
3 T sugar

Mix together and pour in heated waffle iron. Top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream when done.

Whipped Cream:
Put about a cup of whipping cream in a bowl. Mix with hand mixer and when it starts to get thick add about 2 Tbsp sugar. Mix it in and taste it to see if it has enough. Add more if need and then keep mixing until thick.

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment