Monday, May 7, 2012

Potato Skins

Potato skins are a family favorite. My mom used to make them but I always felt that they didn't quite taste like the potato skins you eat at the restaurants. This recipe is a bit closer to what you eat in the restaurant. My husband loved them and said that they tasted just like the ones in the restaurant.

Ingredients
4 baked potatoes
1 cup canola oil
4 slices bacon (cook before hand in microwave or oven)
1 bunch of green onions
2 cups shredded cheese
sour cream

I baked potatoes the day before and let them sit out on the counter till the following night. If you stick them in the fridge the skin can sometimes get wrinkly.  I then scooped out potato but left a thick layer. You can adjust the thickness to your like. I then poured about a cup of canola oil in a fry pan and heated to medium high. I then placed each skin in the oil frying on each side until crispy. I then set each skin on a baking sheet. I filled each skin with bacon and cheese and put them in the oven on broil. I watched them till the cheese became melted and slightly bubbly. This can happen quickly so do not leave the kitchen. After removing  from the oven, I sprinkled each with green onions. Garnish with sour cream, salt, and pepper.




No comments:

Post a Comment